Application of (temporary) exemption regarding Feed Certification scheme
If – due to an exceptional situation – a GMP+ participant is unable to meet (one of) the GMP+ requirements, it is possible to request an (temporary) exemption from GMP+ International.
An exceptional situation for which an exemption can be requested includes:
- a special production method;
- a temporary situation;
- the purchase of a special product that is not available in the GMP+ chain;
- the purchase from a non-certified supplier;
- production or purchase of feed materials of which no risk assessment has been included in the product list of the Feed Support Products (FSP) yet
- purchase of former foodstuffs;
- for production of test feed with, for instance, a new feed material.
Exemptions for the purchase of former foodstuffs and for the production of test feed are issued for a longer period of time. All other exemptions are temporary in nature and apply for a period during which the GMP+ participant works on a solution.
Read the full criteria here (PDF).