Is (additional) GMP+ International certification applicable for my organisation?
Friday, January 31, 2020
Although GMP+ certification is mandatory, due to the lack of GMP+ accepted auditors outside Europe it is not always possible to certify companies
GMP+ certification is mandatory if your company is performing GMP+ activities related to the scopes:
- Transport of feed, Road transport,
- Transport of feed, Inland waterway transport,
- Affreightment of Inland waterway transport,
- Affreightment of Sea transport,
- Affreightment of Short sea shipping,
- Affreightment of Rail transport.
Examples for mandatory GMP+ certification are:
- A company that is transporting (via road transport / inland waterway vessel) feed as a service to third parties.
- A producer / trader who is transporting (via road- / inland waterway transport) own products to third parties (packed and unpacked products).
- A producer / trader who gives the order for transport by train (rail) or (short) sea / inland waterway going vessel.
Your company does not need to be certified in case of (so called internal transport, see definition GMP+ A2):
- Transport within company’s premises
- Transport between different locations of the same company.
- Exemptions to deviate from the GMP+ requirements can only be requested until September 30th, 2020.
- Issued exemptions for the certification of Transport & Affreightment outside Europe are valid until January 1st, 2021, however, until that moment, these GMP+ activities must be assured by the GMP+ certified company in accordance with relevant GMP+ requirements.
- As of January 1st, 2021, additional GMP+ certification is mandatory for the applicable scope(s).